Everywhere I went in Paris, I saw students! I saw students on field trips in the Louvre, on our night river cruise, Versailles, on the streets of Champs Elysees, and even on our airplane. At times, I was glad that I was on break and didn’t have to travel to other countries with my students. It was pretty cool to think that the students in France could easily go to see the Mona Lisa on a field trip. I wonder if they even know how lucky they truly are to be living in a city with such amazing and significant pieces of art all around.
This reminded me of my students and the fun we have going on field trips here in Korea. Here are some of the fun places I’ve been to with my students within these past 4 years.
- Seoul Tower near Myeong Dong
- Seoul Museum of Art
- The National Museum of Korea in Yongsan
- Gwacheon National Science Museum
- The Korean War Memorial Museum in Yongsan
- Seoul Zoo in Gwacheon
- The 63 Building in Yeoido
- Dreamland Forest
- Everland Amusement Park
- EGG Hall in Jongno
- What the Book Store in Itaewon
- Lunch at Petra’s in Itaewon
- Native American Art exhibit at Sejong Museum of Art in Jongno
- Ice Skating at local ice rink
- Ski Resort
- Nature walks- Local mountain behind our school
- River walks- Local river next to our school
- Gyeong Bok Palace- Folk Museum??
- Live Shows- The Snowman Musical
- Pottery Making at the National Museum of Korea
Some other possible places for field trips:
- Korean Traditional Palaces
- Blue House/Museum near there
- Local farms
- Animal Shelter
What is your favorite field trip?
Are there any other good places you recommend for field trips in Korea?